2018 Days to a Healthier You!
Brought to you by your SHAPE (Student Health Ambassadors & Peer Educators) volunteers in partnership with Student Health, UVic Food Services, and so many more health-focused sponsors…
When? January 8th-26th 2018
Why? To inspire our campus community to embrace wellbeing from a holistic perspective and encourage more physical, spiritual and mental health through moving more, eating well and reducing stress.
Physical Activity and Stress theme:
Eating Well challenge:
10 servings of veggies a day. Most of us don’t eat enough veggies, despite knowing they are the key to optimal health and disease prevention. Kick start your year (and detox after holiday indulgences) with 18 days of intense veggie eating. You may even instill some habits that stick around after the challenge.
How to take part:
- Kick-off Pop-Up, Tuesday Jan 9th at Petch Fountain. Come for free snacks to get you started on the challenge trail.
- Free Yoga classes daily 4:30-5:30pm. Bring your own mat.
- Free Salad Mondays! With any food purchase from Fresco or Flamin’ Grill at Mystic Market get a free Kale & Squash salad (*all other kiosks excluded). Another easy step to get meet your 10-a-day veggie challenge. Jan 8th, 15th and 22nd from 11am-2pm.
- Res Cooking Class: Eat More Veggies! Jan 16th, 5-6:30pm in the new residence kitchen. With your campus dietitians, Leanne and Nicole. Learn how to easily incorporate more veggies in a delicious and affordable way. And get some tasty samples too!
- Dishin’ with the Dietitians Pop-Up in Commons Kitchen. Thursday, Jan 25th 11am-1pm. Come sample some delicious veggies!
Follow the SHAPE Health Challenge on Facebook and www.uvic.ca/food for the most up-to-date information.